COVID-19 INFORMATION Pifer's will continue to follow CDC and state guidelines for all Pifer's Land & Equipment Auctions. For additional information please call 877.700.4099
WRITTEN BID LEASE: 1,247.51 +/- Acres - Wells County, ND
WRITTEN BID LEASE AUCTION
1,247.51 +/- Acres - Wells County, ND
Written Bids Due:
Friday, November 5, 2021 – 5:00 p.m.
Mail, Fax or Email Bids to:
Pifer’s Auction and Realty
Attn: Dwight Hofland: Terry Thormodsgaard Trust Land Lease Auction
1506 29th Ave. S
Moorhead, MN 56560
(bid forms are available to download above at www.pifers.com)
Auction Note: Seeking tenant(s) to lease cropland, pasture/hayland, grassland, and farmstead. This property features 1247.51 contiguous acres comprising of 474.55 +/- cropland acres, 628.76 +/- pastureland acres, 138.2 +/- alfalfa and mix grass acres with highly productive soils and strong cropping history, farmstead with a residence, shop, barns, and corrals. Residence has new windows, roof, storm doors, deck, and siding--with plans of refreshing both main floor and basement bathrooms. The farmstead has garden and tree area with approximately 6 +/- acres. Ideal for rural living and seven (7) mile access to stores in Hurdsfield and school busing to Harvey, North Dakota. This land is south of Hurdsfield, ND in Bull Moose, Lynn, and Silver Lake Townships, Wells County, ND. Highest written bids will have an opportunity to orally raise their bid on Tuesday, November 9, 2021 (CT) by phone. Bidders may bid on one or more parcel(s), or all parcels combined.
The successful bidder will have possession starting on or before January 1, 2022. Bids will be submitted on an annual dollar per acre basis.
Contact: Dwight Hofland at 701.630.4359, (email@example.com) or Pifer’s Auction & Realty at 218.477.1968 for more information or a bid form (bid forms are available for download above).
Parcel 1: Drive south from Hurdsfield, ND on 29th Ave. NE for .5 miles to the western edge of parcel 1.
Parcels 2, 3, 4: Drive south from Hurdsfield, ND on 29th Ave. SE for 5 miles. Turn east onto the unmarked road. This road becomes 30th Ave. SE. Parcels 2, 3, and 4 are on both sides of the road.
Cropland Acres: 85 +/-
Pasture/hayland Acres: 50.2 +/-
Legal: SW ¼ Section 25-146-73 Bull Moose Township, Wells County, ND.
This is a diverse parcel of land with a mixture of cropland and hayland. Strong soils and excellent grass.
Cropland Acres: 389.55 +/-
Alfalfa/Grass Acres: 88.00 +/-
Legal: E ½ Section 12-145-73 less farmstead in Lynn Township, and 13.11 acres in Section 7-145-72 and N ½ Section 18-145-72 Silver Lake Township, Wells County, ND.
Excellent mix of crop and hayland. These contiguous parcels have great access. Soil Productivity Index average of 51 comprising of Williams soil. Excellent stand of Alfalfa in Section 12.
Farmstead: 6.00 +/- Acres
Legal: SE ¼ NE ¼ Section 12-145-73 Silver Lake Township, Wells County, ND.
Residence has new storm doors, windows, roof, deck, and siding--with plans of refreshing both upstairs and basement bathrooms and basement steps along with providing paint for inside. Farmstead has plenty of room for a garden and has excellent shelterbelts. Access to barns and corrals. Ideal for rural living.
Pastureland Acres: 628.76+/-
Legal: All of Section 7-145-72 and roughly 33.76 acres in the NE corner of NE ¼ Section 12-145-73 all in Silver Lake Township, Wells County, ND.
Excellent grass with plenty of water throughout with cross fences. Great access on three sides of the pasture. Landowner will consider cost sharing on new fence with qualified tenant. All electricity used in working facility and any electric fence will be prorated and paid upfront to tenant leasing the farmstead if different than pasture tenant.
LANDOWNER: Terry Thormodsgaard Trust
- All written bids must be received before 5:00 p.m. (CT) on Friday, November 5, 2021.
- Written bids will be submitted on an annual per acre basis.
- All written bids must be accompanied with a 2-year farming plan, including but not limited to, crop rotation, normal chemical application, field drainage plans and or suggested tiling plan. These stewardship/farming plans are important to the landowner(s) and will play an important role in the final decision when awarding the contracts.
- The top written bids will be invited to the Oral Bidding and will have an opportunity to raise their bid at a time and place designated by Pifer’s Auction & Realty. Oral Bidding will be on Tuesday, November 9, 2021, time TBD (CT).
- Each Oral Bidder will have the opportunity to bid on each parcel individually as well as altogether (Overall). Each Oral Bidder must bid on at least one parcel individually to qualify for participation in the Overall bidding process.
- The winning bidder will (upon Landowner acceptance) receive a lease agreement provided by Pifer’s Land Management.
- Bidders are bidding on a 2-year lease agreement. The agreement will begin at the signing of the contract and terminate December 31, 2023.
- Annual rent will be due on or before March 15th each year of the lease agreement.
- The awarded bidder must provide a letter of good standing from their financial institution.
- Farm Liability insurance policy that meets lease agreement standards is required.
- The Landowner reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids.
Mail, Fax, or Email Bids to:
Pifer’s Auction and Realty
Attn: Dwight Hofland: Terry Thormodsgaard Trust
1506 29th Ave S
Moorhead, MN 56560