Due to COVID-19, ONLINE BIDDING is recommended for all Pifer’s Land and Equipment Auctions. Attendance in the auction ring will be limited. Phone bidding is available for Land Auctions and limited for Equipment Auctions. Please do not bring non-essential or vulnerable persons to the auction. Equipment auction sites will remain open for inspections. Check daily for updates. Learn More
Grain Storage Facility - Buchanan, ND
GRAIN STORAGE FACILITY FOR SALE
1 +/- Million Bushels of Grain Storage - Buchanan, ND
Adjacent to Hwy 281 north of Jamestown, North Dakota, Stutsman County
Rail spur capacity of 22+/- rail cars plus rail loadout.
Rail service is provided by the Red River Valley & Western (RRVW) Railroad.
Current use is for private storage of corn, soybeans, barley and sunflowers.
1 Million +/- bushels of grain storage that is currently being used for private storage of corn, soybeans, barley and sunflowers. The property is adjacent to Hwy 281, north of Jamestown, North Dakota. There is a rail spur capacity of 22 +/- rail cars plus the rail loadout. Rail service is provided by the Red River Valley & Western (RRVW) Railroad.
Driving Directions: Buchanan is 10 miles north of Jamestown, ND on Hwy 281.
• The main elevator, all the grain bins, and 3 outbuildings are all within 11 +/- owned acres of land. The fertilizer building is located on railroad leased land. The sidetrack rail spur has the capacity for 22+/- large grain cars and the live is owned and managed by Red River Valley & Western out of Wahpeton, ND. The property water is supplied by Stutsman County Rural Water. Buchanan utilizes septic tanks with liquids piped out and solids pumped by the city. The 11 +/- owned acres has excellent access to Hwy 281 and is a short drive to Jamestown the Stutsman County Seat and interstate 94.
GRAIN BIN #6
• 500,000 Bushel Brock Grain Bin, 105’ diameter, 5 wind rings, full floor aeration with five 40hp 3-phase centrifugal fans, remote monitoring automatic aeration system, filled with a 10,000 bph overhead belt conveyor with catwalk, fixed non-motorized spreaders, 54 roof vents, wired for power roof exhausters, power sweep, 3 hydraulic agitators, unloading 10” grain tube powered by a 16hp Teco motor to a jump auger to a drag chain conveyor, side truck load out spout, 2 flood lights, and 110v plugin.
GRAIN BIN #5
• 125,000 Bushel GSI Grain Bin, 60’ diameter, Pad floor aeration with four 15hp fans, filled with a 10,000 bph overhead belt conveyor with catwalk, fixed non-motorized spreaders, tractor driven takeout auger, walk under tunnel, side truck load out spout, flood light, and 110v plugin.
GRAIN BIN #4
• 125,000 Bushel GSI Grain Bin, 60’ diameter, full floor aeration with four 15hp fans, soft start fans, remote monitoring automatic aeration system with 9 cables, filled with a 10,000 bph overhead reversable belt conveyor with catwalk, fixed non-motorized spreaders, tractor driven takeout auger, walk under tunnel, 3 hydraulic agitators, side truck load out spout, flood light, and 110v plugin.
GRAIN LEG #L5
• Set up for future dryer
NEW ELECTRIC SHED #A
• 480V 3 Phase
GRAIN LEG #L4
• Blue Load Out Leg for Train and Trucks
ELECTRIC SHED #B
• 230V 3 Phase
GRAIN BIN #1, #2, & #3
• 2 - 40,000 bu. Butler & 1 - 37,000 bu GSI grain bins, filled with a 10,000 bph overhead belt conveyor with catwalk, floor variable speed take-out augers, Bin #1 has a30hp fan, unloading tunnel, and controls in the electric shed.
Main Elevator House
• 70’ certified truck scale, covered drive thru, 500 bushel pit, Two- 1,000 BU overhead electric gate-controlled truck load out bins,
• Office, forced air propane fueled furnace, 2 offices, 1 tool room, 1 walk-in safe; Basement level – 2 bathrooms, 1 breaker panel (230V 3 Phase), Air compressor, fire pump station (self-contained), Stutsman County Rural Water Serviced, Buchanan City Sewer Systems Serviced. Bin full indicators for Wooden Annex (6 bins) plus every connected steel bin (9 total),
• Camera system included approaching trucks, top fill and exiting trucks
• Fire Fighting underground 5,000-gallon cement H2O tank to service elevator fire sprinkler system **includes Benhoff heat detection system w auto dialer to local 911 and auto water sprinkler start up systems
•Wooden Annex – 6 cribbed, 6,600 BU flat bottom bins, Roto Flow Distributor, 3 bins have house driveway loadout spouts, Corner Wooden Bins, Bins 13 & 18 are aeriated 4,000 BU bins with Top Suction Exhaust Fans, Bins 8 & 18 are Train load out bins, Bin 5 is 4,000 BU corner bin, Bin unloads into bottom conveyor to outside blue train/truck load leg truck.
• Legs, 4,500 BPH North Main Leg, 4,500 BPH South Main Leg, Grain Cleaner (seed) / Dryer handling leg, Grain travels in and out North & West at 5K P/H, Grain travels in and out South at 10K P/H, Truck scale is certified, rail loadout scale not certified. Can run grain onto truck scale & re-leg out to train if necessary, Train Load out leg spout, 2- Bin Load out spouts, 2 screw augers feed bin 10 to the north.
• Neco Grain Dryer
GRAIN BIN #10
• Wet Bin, 15,000 BU pressure cure aeriation floor w/ remote aeriation management systems, handles corn moistures < 28%, filled by overhead screw auger, return screw auger feeds leg and truck load out, leg feeds return auger and dryer, truck load out auger,
• Two 1,000 Gallon Propane Tanks, services Grain Dryer and office furnace.
• 500 Ton Urea Fertilizer Shed. Shed on RRV & W Lease land. 5-100 ton crib style shed. Stainless Steel leg, Truck pit, rail pit fill. Certified Blender
Grain Bins 7, 8, & 9
• Three 18,000 bushel bins, 36’ diameter on cement, Stick Air, Auger Filled, Grain Vac Empty tube, not connected to main facility, 110V single phase, one 18,000 bushel bin not in service and not on cement.
Out Buildings F, C & Q.
• Building Q - Steel Quonset (Wonder Building) 35’x55’ with large overhead door and walk-in door.
• Building H – Heated Shop with electric overhead garage door, walk-in door and cold storage lean-to
• Building C – Cold Storage Shed with large overhead door, cement floor.
Rail Service Red River Valley & Western
Red River Valley & Western Railroad Company (RRVW) ships grain, sugar, corn syrup, fertilizer, coal, gravel, feed products, lumber, steel, and various other products for more than 60 customers. We serve customers, processors, and manufacturers in southeast and central North Dakota, and Breckenridge, Minnesota, and we provide safe, reliable, cost-effective shipping options which has been the foundation of our company since 1987.
· Breckenridge, MN
· Casselton, ND
· Jamestown, ND
· New Rockford, ND
· Enderlin, ND
· Oakes, ND
· Hankinson, ND
· Carrington, ND
Are you in need of short or long-term railcar storage? We have several miles of track available that can provide that service for you. With over 30 years of experience in the railroad industry, we know dependable service is what you strive for when trusting someone else with your assets. We have storage locations that interchange with both BNSF and CP rail. Our rates are competitive, and our terms our flexible. For more information, contact Rich Jaehning at (218) 643-4994 or Dan Zink at (701) 642-8257.
What We Store
• Private cars
• Covered hoppers
• Open hoppers
• Tank cars
• Unit trains
• Loaded or empty cars
• Hazardous or non-hazardous
• SIT’s (storage in transit) cars
• Long-term and short-term